Resolutions are difficult to keep and right about now your promise to yourself to stay fit in 2016 might be in jeopardy. I personally know how difficult it is to prioritize time to exercise when the day is filled with meetings, kids, appointments and dinner.
I was having this problem of not keeping my exercise promise to myself until I came up with my quick 10 minute workout routine. This quick workout delivers the goods. This program contains simple exercises that target all the large muscles in your body in a way that produces great toning and strengthening.
All the exercises in this program use body weight and or a simple band. This new program uses minimal equipment so you can do it any-where. Even in your office during your lunch break. Exercise does not have to be complicated or lengthy in time to be effective. It just needs to be targeted and of course you must be consistent. Who couldn’t crave out 10 minutes of their day to do this program.
To help keep the momentum going could use this exercise program as adjunct to your current exercise program.
How to Avoid End of Winter Weight Gain
1. Instead of doing a traditional weight training program consider doing a circuit program by adding 3-5 minutes of cardio in between sets and exercises. These cardio exercises can include walking on a treadmill, biking, jumping rope or simple calisthenics.
2. Increase your fruit and vegetable intake to 5 servings per day. You feel full in less calories.
3. Get more active by taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Get off the train 1 stop before yours to burn more calories by walking, go for an evening stroll instead of watching TV and dance to your favorite music as often as possible.
4. Consider doing Bikram Yoga 1x per week. You will definitely sweat and shed pounds in this class. This class is also great for those suffering from pelvic pain and low back pain.
5. Increase your water intake to 6-8 glasses. Your bladder will be happy and you will feel less hungry.
6. Reduce stress – Stress can make you fat. Try stress reduction techniques such as meditation or better yet read the mind body chapter in my new book Ending Female Pain, A Woman’s Manual for great mind-body stress reduction exercises.
7. Pre-cook meals and keep them at work or at homefor those moments where a food cravig or low sugar moment occurs.
8. Hire a personal trainer if you just don’t have the motivation to work out on your own.
9. Keep a food diary. Write down everything that goes into your mouth. This will keep you honest and skinny.
10. Avoid food shopping on an empty stomach!
11. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption. If you must drink, keep it to 1-2 glasses of wine or beer. Avoid excessively sugary or creamy drinks.
Renew Physical Therapy New York, NY – Call 877-Renew-PT for Your Free 10 Minute Phone Consultation
Ending Female Pain, A Woman’s Manual – by Isa Herrera – Great chapter on diastasis correction and how it relates to pelvic pain.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. Check with your Doctor before attempting any of the recommendations on this website. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. Renew Physical Therapy IS NOT RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. If you are in acute pain and would like to have a physical therapy program developed for you for your condition please give us a call at 212-213-4660.